Phoenix LabVIEW User Group (PLUG)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TestStand User Group Meeting Topics

Thanks to Iggy Calalang and Alex Bonham for their great presentations at our TestStand User Group Meeting last week!

Our next TestStand UGM will be in the fall.  A few topics that have been requested by folks in the community are as follows.  Please reply to this post or email me if any of these are of interest to you:

1)  Error handling in TestStand - We have a presenter for this topic

2)  New Process Model in TestStand 2012 - We have slides and demos that cover the new process model and additional new features in 2012.  Anyone interested in presenting this for us?

3)  Database Logging in TestStand - We have slides for this if someone in the community would like to take on this topic

4)  TestStand API - I don't have a presentation put together on this topic but there is an entire chapter in the TestStand II course we could use as a starting point for this topic

If there are any other topics you would be interested in seeing or presenting on please let me know.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(7,162 Views)

I would be very interested in how people have done deploys successfully with large systems.

There are so many people that I have run into that indicate that the deploy either doesn't work at all, or another approach is much easier.

Example:

Deploying with TestStand running LabVIEW RTE requires all vi's to be compiled.  Requires either Packed Project Libraries, some kind of source distribution build spec in LabVIEW, or using source code configuration management tool like SVN or mercurial to pull down source and compiled source folders.

There are also issues related to trying to release system code as a module and Test Software packages separately.

Not signing up to present, but would be interested in hearing other's struggles and successes in this area.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,183 Views)