Power Electronics Development Center

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software checksum for Real-Time Applications

Hello all,

I posted this to the Real-Time Measurement and Control board but have not yet received a response. Thought I would try here.

We are developing products based on the NI sbRIO platform and deploying Real-time applications to the target. We need to get these products UL listed and part of the testing process requires that the software be locked down and not changed while the testing is ongoing. For this I need a way to get and display the checksum (or some other signature) of the Real-time application currently deployed on the target.

Is there a way to accomplish this? Please let me know if more information is needed.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,166 Views)

It looks like your question was already answered within the Real-Time Measurement and Control community.

I just wanted to add that you could supplement the MD5 checksum with Application Components which will provide a name and version for your real-time applications.  If you ever find yourself maintaining more than one real-time application, this technology will allow you to correlate a checksum with a particular application name and version. It will also allow you to retrieve and display the application name and version for your users which could provide additional context for the checksum that they will see.  You can learn more about Application Components here.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,792 Views)