Power Electronics Development Center

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Universities involved in Power Electronics research that use GPIC and LabVIEW FPGA

Hello all,

I feel like to would be encouraging to know what colleges and universities around the world are using labVIEW FPGA and the GPIC for academic research purposes in the field of power electronics.

I am here at Clemson University and we use the GPIC for motor control research, and the cRIO for power converters in Microgrids.

I think it would be interesting to know what other academic research is going on and where.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,078 Views)

Eindhoven University of Technology, Electrical Engineering Department, Control Systems group.

We use PXI with R-series and FlexRIO and PXI-5922 for control implementation an characterization of precision amplifiers, and switched-mode power supplies. We also have a GPIC, but it is seldomely used, MyRIO is often more convenient for basic motor and power converter control, and also for educational activities.

We are mostly bussy with designing control methods for precision power electronics, and for converters subject to hard constraints on the internal dynamics, inputs and outputs. The emphasis is of our work is on relatively fast converters with sampling rates in hundreds of kHz aim to improve dynamic performance and accuracy.

Regards,

Veaceslav

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,710 Views)

ROMA TRE University (Dept. of Engineering), C-PED (Center for Power Electronics and Drives)

We are mainly involved in control design, hardware realization, power converters engineering and high speed electrical drives. Applications are related to grid-tied and off-grid power generation in microgrid.

We switched from Texas Instruments Digital Signal Processors to NI one year and half ago. We use the cRIO mainly for Hardware in the Loop tests and the PED-Board for control development for scientific research and industrial deliverables.

Regards,

valsab

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,710 Views)