Quick Drop Enthusiasts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Access Wire Properiets?

Hi,

I would like to get access to wire properties in block diagram like here: https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-6696

My problem is that when I put Property Node or Invoke Node with proper reference then I can't choose any methods or properties (like CleanUpWire in the example above).

I thought that if I will wire up proper reference to GObject -> Wire then I'll be able to choose any of properties in Property Node, like those:

PropertyDescription
Breakpoint StatusReads or writes the status of a breakpoint on a wire.
DescriptionSets or returns a description of the wire.
Is Broken?Returns TRUE if the wire is broken or in a bad state.
Joints[]Returns an array of all joints of the wire, which includes intersections, bends, and end points.
LabelReturns a reference to the label associated with this wire.
ProbeReferences the probe associated with this wire.
Terminals[]References the terminals connected by this wire.
Wire WidthReturns the width of the wire in pixels.

How to access this properties and use in QD?

In the same example is used "To More Specific Class" function with "Wire" connected to it. Here i have the same problem. When I right-click on "To More Specific Class" and create constant then I can't find there "Wire". How to find such components?

Michał Bieńkowski
CLA, CTA

Someone devote his time to help solve your problem? Appreciate it and give kudos. Problem solved? Accept as a solution so that others can find it faster in the future.
Make a contribution to the development of TestStand - vote on TestStand Idea Exchange.
Message 1 of 7
(11,094 Views)

Sounds like you don't have VI Scripting enabled.

Hit Tools » Options » VI Server - then check the Enable VI Scripting option.

VI Script.png

Regards,

Peter D

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(6,312 Views)

One small thing... CleanUpWire is a method, not a property.  You won't find it in the Property node; you need an Invoke node.

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(6,312 Views)

Yes, I know that, but thanks anyway.

Michał Bieńkowski
CLA, CTA

Someone devote his time to help solve your problem? Appreciate it and give kudos. Problem solved? Accept as a solution so that others can find it faster in the future.
Make a contribution to the development of TestStand - vote on TestStand Idea Exchange.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(6,312 Views)

The main question was answered actually, but I have some additional one. Is it possible to get text in label (which I programmatically, using QD, put on BD) highlighted in that way that after label shows on BD I can just start typing proper name for label?

I thought that Text -> Selection Property for label will be OK for my purpose but I can't achieve what I want with this. In Help is information that "If you want to highlight the text, you must set key focus on a control before you use the Selection property."

But I don't have idea how to turn on this "key focus" for labels.

Any advice?

PS Sorry for language errors

Michał Bieńkowski
CLA, CTA

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(6,312 Views)

I found a solution (using user32.dll mouse functions) here and tried it like this:

Example_VI_BD.png

It'll work if you're using Windows, otherwise I haven't found a solution.  Based on the author of this solution, I guess there's no better way.

Jim
You're entirely bonkers. But I'll tell you a secret. All the best people are. ~ Alice
For he does not know what will happen; So who can tell him when it will occur? Eccl. 8:7

Message 6 of 7
(6,312 Views)

Very interesting solution. Thanks, I'll try that.

Michał Bieńkowski
CLA, CTA

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(6,312 Views)