Quick Drop Enthusiasts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick Drop Keyboard Shortcut - Nattify VI

Not directly related to this thread but I recently found some strange behaviour with the JKI SM quick drop shortcut (see here)

DNat I noticed that you used a llb for you're supporting files. How does LabVIEW search for executable quick drop actions? Having the JKI llb in the quick drops plugin folder seemed to really slows down any button presses when ctrl is also press (namely ctrl + Backspace which I don't have assign to a QD shortcut but use to delete whole words as per windows). Is this just me or is this a JKI thing, LLB thing or LabVIEW thing?

(running LV2023 Q3)

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(137 Views)

@jashcroft wrote:

Is this just me or is this a JKI thing, LLB thing or LabVIEW thing?

It's a bug in Quick Drop. It has been reported to LabVIEW R&D as Bug 2089884, but hasn't yet been prioritized by R&D to get fixed. For now, I have attached a VI to this reply. Replace your copy of this VI with the one attached (VI is saved in LabVIEW 2020, backup your existing VI first just in case):

[LabVIEW 20xx]\resource\dialog\QuickDrop\QuickDrop Read QDKS INI Info.vi

Mass compile the QuickDrop folder above and you should find the Ctrl-key presses to be more responsive. Let me know how it goes.

Message 12 of 14
(134 Views)

This is incredible. For the last 3 year's I've been dealing with this issue. Thank you for the help 😄

You don't by any chance have a magic VI which fixes the populating list? I've seen your post on the idea exchange 

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(105 Views)

@jashcroft wrote:

You don't by any chance have a magic VI which fixes the populating list? I've seen your post on the idea exchange 

Unfortunately no, the palette loading is performed by C++ code in LabVIEW.exe, I don't have any magic VIs to fix that. 😛

I will say that if you select Tools > Options > Controls/Functions Palettes > Loading > Load palettes during launch, Quick Drop will be instantly usable on first use, at the expense of LabVIEW itself taking longer to launch.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(95 Views)