From 11:00 PM CDT Friday, May 10 – 02:30 PM CDT Saturday, May 11 (04:00 AM UTC – 07:30 PM UTC), ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Quick Drop Enthusiasts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick drop not dropping on click when using team viewer

I'm guessing there is not a workaround for this, and it probably has something to do with team viewer hooking (probably not the right term) into the windows when it's open. Even if I just have team viewer open, not connected to anyone and it's just running, Quick Drop will not drop a selected node unless I double click it specifically in the listbox. If it is just autocompleted in the combo box, a single click won't drop anything.

I was wondering if you can think of a reason for this. It's not a critical issue by any means, just something I need to be aware of when teamviewer is open.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(8,335 Views)

There have been other isolated reports of certain 3rd-party software messing with Quick Drop, but this is the first time I've heard of an issue with Team Viewer.  You mention that double-clicking an item in the listbox will work...does pressing Enter also work (by dropping the auto-completed item)?

FYI, I just installed Team Viewer from their website, and left it running, but without a connection, and Super Quick Drop still works just fine for me.

Message 2 of 7
(6,358 Views)

Sorry, I was unclear/wrong in my description. The problem will happen if I'm "online" with teamviewer. I don't have to be remoted in another computer, but I do have to be online (i.e. sign in from the "computers and contacts" window). As soon as I do that my active LabVIEW window gets the little teamviewer icon shown below, and that's when things stop working.

teamviewer.png

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(6,358 Views)

Yes, enter selects it and sticks it to my mouse, which I can then click to drop the node

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(6,358 Views)

I would suggest disabling that feature (which allows you to connect to a specific window) by clicking the button and setting the option to globally disable it (if memory serves it's some backward setting). I have this option disabled and I don't remember ever seeing a problem with QD.

First, thanks for posting.  Coincidentally, I had turned off the QuickConnect button recently but had gotten so accustomed to not using Super Quick Drop that I didn't realize it was working again.  Here's how to fix it:

Open TeamViewer and go to Extras » Options » Advanced » Show advanced options » General advanced settings » QuickConnect button » Configure.  Then, either uncheck the "Show QuickConnect button" checkbox or type "LabVIEW.exe" and click Add.  After clicking OK, exit TeamViewer and restart it.

Certified LabVIEW Architect
TestScript: Free Python/LabVIEW Connector

One global to rule them all,
One double-click to find them,
One interface to bring them all
and in the panel bind them.
Message 6 of 7
(6,358 Views)

Thanks for the feedback. I'll try it today but I'm assuming turning off the feature will fix it.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(6,358 Views)