Quick Drop Enthusiasts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SubVIdecor.zip

Hi everyone,

encouraged by Alex5's QD shortcut here for aligning SubVI FP elements according to the connector block I wanted to share my automatic SubVI decoration.

Extract the attached ZIP file to the usual "plugins"-folder. VIs saved in LV2013.

Originally posted here, it has evolved a bit over the last months, so it now creates the decoration according to the position the FP elements have. There is a flat box surrounding all selected elements, a thick line separating Controls and Indicators and a simple "IN" and "OUT" above the respective group of elements. To invoke the shortcut, all elements to be "decorated" have to be selected. Also Controls have to be on the left and Indicators on the right side (I use the leftmost Indicator and the rightmost control to determine the position of the thick line).

Standard QD shortcut is "k".

When using the above mentioned aligning tool by Alex5 beforehand and making sure that controls make up the left part of the connector block and indicators the right part, then these two QD shortscuts neatly clean up your SubVI's Frontpanel.

Known Bug:

I have not been able to find a way to put the decoration into the background (or all FP elements into the foreground). Therefore the flat box will completely cover all FP elements. However as they remain selected after the QD action is complete, a simple CTRL+SHIFT+K moves them all into the foreground.

Please comment on any odd behaviour you might experience, as this my first go at writing QD shortcut VIs.

Message 1 of 1
(4,469 Views)