names
such as T1.ascii, T2.ascii, and etc.

Thanks,
DK.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(8,714 Views)

Hi DK,

Thank you for contacting National Instruments.  I added to your VI to allow automated conversion of TDM to ASCII simply by selecting the directory where the TDM files are stored.  I have attached a screenshot, but if you would like the VI, please let me know what version of LabVIEW you are using.  Hope this helps.

Donovan
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(8,694 Views)
If you can provide the vi file same as in the figure, it should be much helpful. The version of Labview which I use is Labview 8.0
Thanks,

DK.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(8,690 Views)
Because some of the VIs I was using are not available in LabVIEW 8.0, I went through and made some changes, but it actually cleans the code up quite nicely.  I hope this works for you.
Donovan
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(8,673 Views)

Dear NI,
I'm using NI Labview 2015 SP 32bit trying to convert TDM to ASCII file. I downloaded and succesfully used TDM80.vi but I need a different output file: I need all the values to be in column. With this vi I obtain a matrix, I need a vector instead. How can I change the output? And how do I know the number of rows after conversion?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,177 Views)

Hi Francesca,

What does the data file that you are currently using look like? Could you attach it? 

If you need to take a subset of the array coming out of the Read Data (Channel) Express VI. You can transpose, take subsets, and sizes of the array if you need to convert a smaller portion of the array.

I have included links to another converter, as well as the array functions list to give you some places to get started.

Array Functions

https://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361M-01/glang/array_functions/

TDMS to ASCII File Converter

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-9642

Matt G.
Product Manager
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,153 Views)

Dear Gryffindor,

I'm measuring tension values during time. After conversion TDM-ASCII, all the measured values are not a vector but a matrix. I wrote a Matlab function to manage them, even because with Matlab I can easily fit them. I used function "reshape" to get a vector from the matrix. 
Thank you for your help

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,102 Views)