RF Measurement Devices

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where are niRFSA/RFSG drivers that support VST

I just recieved the latest WLAN toolkit 4.0 on dvd [not yet downloadable from NI website] , have installed it but cannot get the examples to run on my VST.

Looks like the WLAN toolkit examples use the niRFSG / ni RFSA drivers to communicate with the VST.

The problem is, that the latest downloadable versions of the RFSG [1.85] and RFSA[2.6]  do not support the VST.

Just a thought:

Might have been a good idea to provide these unreleased drivers on my WLAN toolkit 4.0 dvd since they are not available on the support website but are required to use my VST.

Can you provide me a link to the RFSG / RFSA drivers that support VST?

Thanks,

Dave

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(7,497 Views)

Dave, I will work with you offline and get you the right drivers.  We are working on putting the latest drivers online and I will update this forum post with the links once these are live.

Thank you,

Raajit Lall

Raajit L
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(7,426 Views)

Thank you Raajit.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(7,421 Views)

NI-RFSA 2.7 and NI-RFSG 1.9 contain support for the VSTs (PXIe-5644R and PXIe-5645R):

http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/id/3892/lang/en

http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/id/3891/lang/en

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(7,268 Views)

Do NI-RFSA 2.7.5 and NI-RFSG 1.9.5 have support for the VSTs? I'm getting a failed to load niRFSGrio.dll and niRFSArio.dll. I looked in the system folder on the target, and those dll's don't exist, but I've got 2.7.5 and 1.9.5 installed.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(6,853 Views)

To the best of my knowledge and from the documentation, yes, RFSA 2.7.5 and RFSG 1.9.5 have support for the VSTs:

http://www.ni.com/download/ni-rfsa-2.7.5/4133/en/

Did you upgrade this system from an old version of RFSA/RFSG? Have you ever had a prerelease version of those drivers in that system?

I would expect an installer repair to fix the problem.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(6,842 Views)

I don't know if I upgraded from an older version. I didn't have a prerelease version. How do I do an installer repair?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(6,836 Views)

kevin.key, I'm re-reading your previous post, and I see you mention "system folder on the target". Is this is a Windows-based target? Or a LabVIEW Real-Time one?

If it is a LabVIEW Real-Time one, I'm sorry to say that the RFSA/RFSG drivers for VST are not supported at this time under LabVIEW Real-Time. You can find this information in the driver's readme file:

"Note: The NI PXIe-5644R/5645R is not supported when using 64-bit LabVIEW, LabVIEW Real-Time Module, or LabWindows/CVI Real-Time Module."

If this is a Windows target, you can repair from Add Remove Programs>>National Instruments>>NI-RFSA >> Repair

Message 8 of 9
(6,828 Views)

Thanks, I was just looking at that exact note in the readme with a guy from NI.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(6,824 Views)