Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CRIO Network Fail-Safe

Dear All,

I use CRIO-9022 and connect it my laptop through wireless connection. 

How can i configure my Labview/MAX so that when the connection is lost the CRIO will produce default value that i assigned on my vi?

For example: i'm in the middle of running DC motor, the default value on the labview when it first run is "off", what i need is, when the connection lost it will go back to "off" state.

Please help me with this problem. Thank you all

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,745 Views)

Hi ABEKA,

You're describing a network heartbeat requirement.  In general, a network heartbeat may be implemented with any network communication mechanism, but it typically falls into the update communication model.  The CompactRIO Developer’s Guide Chapter 4: Best Practices for Network Communication details some mechanisms for updates in Table 4.3 on page 50.

The basic approach would be to launch two processes, one on the cRIO and one on your laptop.  The processes communicate across the wireless network through some update mechanism, such as UDP or Network Published Shared Variables.  The algorithm on the cRIO decides when updates have "timed out", indicating the connection has been lost, and puts the cRIO into the appropriate state.

The Uni-Directional Network Watchdog Reference Example may help get you started.

-Steve

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(4,743 Views)