Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can NI-9403 use DMA-scoped fifos?

I've been trying to implement DMA-Scoped FIFOs using cRIO-9014 embedded controller, 8-slot backplane, and an NI-9403 DIO module with no luck.  Does the NI-9403 support DMA-Scoped FIFOs?  I can only use/see targeted-scoped FIFOs.  I don't even see a selection for 'FIFO'->write in the invoke method function under FPGA toolkit.  Is there a way to impement DMA FIFOs?

Thanks,

Todd Moore

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,102 Views)

DMA FIFOs and the 9403 are not related. You should just be able to create a FIFO for your target. If you right-click on the FPGA Target, are you not able to navigate to New -> FIFO?  After doing tha, you should be able to change the option to Target to Host - DMA or Host to Target - DMA.

Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,099 Views)

Thanks for the quick response. I think I have found the problem. I was originally pointing to the bitfile in the 'open FPGA vi reference' properties, but I hadn't done a re-compile since I made changes to the FIFOs.  I pointed to the actual vi instead and now I can manage the DMA fifos.  I expect that I will need to re-compile the fpga before I can point at the bitfile again.  Does this sound right?

Thanks again for your great help.

Todd Moore

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,087 Views)
That does sound right. Try it and if it doesn't work out, be sure to post back.
Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,073 Views)