Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you comunicate with two CompactRIO platforms in the same time: LAN and WLAN?

Hello

I am unsing a device built around sbRIO and a CompactRIO 9073. For the sbRIO I have built an executable. I can't seem to be able to run the applications in the same time. The sbRIO is connected to the LAN while the CompactRIO comunicates with the laptop via WiFI. I asume that problem is some port that VISA is using!?

Is this a normal situation? Can it be overcomed?

Kind regards

Yannis

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,137 Views)

Hello Yannis,

Thank you for posting your question on our forums. I noticed you emailed our Technical Support as well, so I will be helping you with this more closely over email and phone. Once we have come to a resolution we can post back here for the rest of our users as well.

Kind Regards,

Michael S.
Applications Engineer
NI UK & Ireland

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,072 Views)

Hello Yannis,

Just to update the community with this:

There are a few things to consider when attempting to achieve this kind of architecture; If you are using TCP/IP and/or Shared Variables, then you will have to have your devices connected up through a hub or a switch that can take both wireless and ethernet (in this case) or multiple connections (in general), otherwise it is not yet possible to use multiple net-communication devices in LabVIEW.
LabVIEW will select the first device available and drop the connection to others, so if you use one network card and a hub to all of your RIO systems then this should work with no problems.

I hope this helps.

Kind Regards,

Michael S.
Applications Engineer
NI UK & Ireland

Message 3 of 3
(3,063 Views)