Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DWarn 0xC1EAEA9C: Internal error 1 occurred. The top-level VI was stopped at ""

I have an application that is designed to run indefinitely on multiple compactrios (9074).  For the most part, this actually happens.  Usually, any one of the RIOs will run for weeks at a time, but very seldomly (perhaps every other month or so), one will totally stop responding, necessitating a power cycle of the RIO.  I hadn't been able to find any information about these events (either from logs generated by my code or from the RIO error logs) until this week, when I got a very cryptic message that I haven't seen before and don't have a clue how to start investigating.

I'm hoping someone will have seen this and can give me some idea of what this means so I can concoct and try some debugging steps.

The VI that it references (Run with Watchdog.vi) is... difficult to explain for a number of reasons.  Since it works 99% of the time, I'd rather avoid getting into the block diagram specifics.  Instead, I'm just trying to find out what this error message might indicate.  

Are "internal errors" the same as regular labview errors?  Explain errors tells me that error 1 is an invalid input parameter... fine.  But why would it be output to the RIO's error log rather than through the error out wire of my VI?

Thanks in advance,

kw

####
#Date: TUE, SEP 23, 2014 05:16:27 PM
#OSName: VxWorks
#OSVers: 6.3
#OSBuild: Dec 14 2012, 15:23:57
#AppName: /c/ni-rt/system/lvrt.out
#Version: 12.0.1
#AppKind: AppLib

<DEBUG_OUTPUT>
09/30/14 08:43:55.618 PM
DWarn 0xB570FC34: NULL ptr.  'this' has not been inflated!
source/UDClass/OMUDClass.cpp(3267) : DWarn 0xB570FC34: NULL ptr.  'this' has not been inflated!

</DEBUG_OUTPUT>

<DEBUG_OUTPUT>
09/30/14 08:43:55.679 PM
DWarn 0xC1EAEA9C: Internal error 1 occurred. The top-level VI "DAQ Only.lvclass:RIO Bootloader.vi" was stopped at unknown "" on the block diagram of "FlexiDAQ RIO API.lvlib:Executive.lvclass:Run with Watchdog.vi".
source/server/RTEmbEditor.cpp(106) : DWarn 0xC1EAEA9C: Internal error 1 occurred. The top-level VI "DAQ Only.lvclass:RIO Bootloader.vi" was stopped at unknown "" on the block diagram of "FlexiDAQ RIO API.lvlib:Executive.lvclass:Run with Watchdog.vi".

</DEBUG_OUTPUT>
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(6,258 Views)

Hey Keith_W, 

That does look pretty complex. Since it looks like your VIs are a little more custom, and since it is a DWarn issue, I would suggest calling our Applications Engineering department and getting their assistance. That number is 866-275-6964. You'll talk with an engineer in within the first couple minutes and they should be able to get more information from you and see if anything can be found on that DWarn. Since it works 99% of the time, it will probably be a difficult problem to troubleshoot, but for the most part, I am unaware of many Forums users who have run into something like this just because when I searched on the forums for like posts, I didn't find any. 

Douglas Choisnet
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(6,240 Views)

I'm receiving a similar error using LINUX on a cDAQ 9135 chassis:

DWarn 0xC1EAEA9C: Internal error 2 occurred. The top-level VI "RT-Third-Octave Analysis and peak G values DAQ 200Hz 15 discreet accelerometer chnls 1 discreet sound channel and TCP .vi" was stopped at unknown "" on the block diagram of "SoundVib_Octave.lv
/builds/labview/2017/source/server/RTEmbEditor.cpp(107) : DWarn 0xC1EAEA9C: Internal error 2 occurred.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,381 Views)

I am also getting it. But for me it is internal error 2 and we are running on a PXI.

3/24/18 10:14:34.800 AM
DWarn 0xC1EAEA9C: Internal error 2 occurred. The top-level VI "PunchLogger_HS Engine.lvlib:Process.vi" was stopped at unknown "" on the block diagram of "PunchLogger_HS Engine.lvlib:Process.vi".
c:\builds\penguin\labview\branches\2015\dev\source\server\RTEmbEditor.cpp(107) : DWarn 0xC1EAEA9C: Internal error 2 occurred. The top-level VI "PunchLogger_HS Engine.lvlib:Process.vi" was stopped at unknown "" on the block diagram of "PunchLogger_HS Engine"

from what I understand this is a problem with memory acces/leak?

Message 4 of 8
(3,315 Views)

Yeah, I'm getting it too. I think it has to do with a bug in the FPGA to RT FIFOs memory handling. What version is everyone using. I just upgraded to 2017 SP1.

Message 5 of 8
(3,303 Views)

If anyone needs a simple reproduce case for that particular error:

reproduce case.png

So, yeah, in the best case, look for cases where memory use can increase like the above.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,284 Views)

@nanocyte wrote:

Yeah, I'm getting it too. I think it has to do with a bug in the FPGA to RT FIFOs memory handling. What version is everyone using. I just upgraded to 2017 SP1.

I was also thinking that there could be something like that. Because we are also using the RT FIFO's.
We are using the 2015 SP1 version.

Message 7 of 8
(3,281 Views)

This seems to be a memory issue. I found another recent forum post that's worth checking out for more insight: https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/DWarn-0xC1EAEA9C-Internal-error-2-occurred/td-p/3762274

Francine P.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,275 Views)