cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic pressure measurement with ICP type piezoelectric pressure transducer

I am working with a piezoelectric pressure transducer
Make: PCB Piezotronics
Model: 111A22
I want to acquire dynamic pressure in engine combustion chamber using NI DAQ.The sensor is of ICP type and requires Excitation Voltage of 20 to 30 VDC and Constant Current Excitation of 2 to 20 mA.
Which NI DAQs are suitable for this application??
Specifications of sensors are attached with this message.
Also, in labview, After we select Acquire signal->Analog input which type of input to be selected voltage,pressure or custom voltage with excitation??

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,427 Views)

there's a third party module for interfacing DIRECTLY with piezo sensors. It works with compactRIO. It may be what you want.

I am doing piezo measurements as well, and what I use is a PCB Piezotronics signal conditioner which outputs a plain 0-10V output that I read with a simple 0-10 V NI 9201 analog input module. The signal conditioner takes care of the current excitation and other things for me.

https://www.kistler.com/ar/en/products/components/signal-conditioning/charge-amplifier-module-ki-517...

http://www.pcb.com/products/productfinder.aspx?tx=22

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,389 Views)

I have tried to use NI 9234 which has Software-selectable IEPE signal conditioning (0 or 2 mA).

But while working with labview, it shows only voltage type signal which is showing output of -3.5 V whereas the measurement range is 0-5 V.

I am confused weather is there any provision in labview to enable signal conditioning specifically for NI9234 ?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,382 Views)

Are working with an IEPE transducer? The ones I work are not IEPE and need more like 4 mA of current to work. I think you said yours requires 2-20 mA excitation to work, so maybe the excitation provided by the NI 9234 is not enough. Or you may have something miswired. If you are working in cRIO you can configure the module by right clicking it the project.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,337 Views)