Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FATAL_ERROR:Xstortability/export/Port_Main.h:127:1.17

I get  FATAL_ERROR:Xstortability/export/Port_Main.h:127:1.17 when i compile my program in FPGA 8.5 The program compiled in FPGA8.2 It contains arrays but as I sad it Worked in 8.2
 use a CompactRio 9014 Controller, 9102 Chassi and NI 9205 Input modules.

See Attached file: Compilelist

I foundReport 3YJFMUNQ . The suggested solution is to add the synthesis token "keep_hierarch SOFT"

Now the compiler comiles with warnings ?

See Attached file: Compile with warnings

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,856 Views)

Hello!

I looked around at Xilinx’s webpage and our portal in order to find information about the error you are receiving and I didn’t find much but at least some.

First a NI document that describes the error you are receiving and how to get rid of it:

Compile Failure Port_Main.h:127:1.16 or Port_Main.h.127:1:17 for a variety of designs.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/3737F8EB7179A206862572EC0073A3E9

Somewhat related document at Xilinx:

http://www.xilinx.com/support/answers/24978.htm

We implement changes every now and then in the NI-RIO driver in order to support new targets and such and I know that applications where there they synchronized multiple chassis didn’t work with a certain version of NI-RIO but that was later on fixed.

Which version of NI-RIO are you currently using?

Regards,
Jimmie Adolph
Systems Engineering Manager, National Instruments Northern European Region

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,789 Views)
I use NI-Rio 2.3.1
I use three Compact RIO but they do not communicate with each other, ontly with th PC.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,782 Views)

Hello,

OK, so you are using the latest version of NI-RIO. Did you try the workaround described in the NI link above? If that doesn't solve the issue I believe we need the code so we can reproduce the problems you are experiencing.

Regards,
Jimmie Adolph
Systems Engineering Manager, National Instruments Northern European Region

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,778 Views)
When I followed the advice from National Instrument. I can compile and a application similar to the first one works, but I get warnings. This warnings are included in the file compile with warnings. The advice from XILINX is that I should upgrade some softwara that I do not know what it is. I nead more guidance from National Instruments to uppgrade the National instruments software with the XILINX software. Preferable you should include this uppgrade in a FPGA upgrade.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,763 Views)