Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create sinus signal generator using NI9263 and cRIO-9072

I have tried to take a look for the examples but could not find anything suitable.

Can somebody explain how to create sinus signal generator for NI9263.

I am going to use it to create sinus signal and pass it to amplifier. I would like to have a close loop control using NI9233 with accelerometers and thermocouple module NI9211

So the system should look like: I predefine amplitude and frequency of vibrations -> start signal generation->measure acceleration amplitude-> adjust amplitude using accelerometer signal. There will be temperature measurements as well (for compensation of thermal drift of accelerometer) but this is not as complicate as the rest.

My impression is that I need to:

1) create some FPGA project that would do inside of FPGA.VI sinus generation, vibration amplitude measurement, compensation of temperature accelerometers drift .

2) Develop host VI with some controls in it to pass it to Real Time project

3)Create RealTime project

Can somebody comment it and probably give some links/directions/suggestions on it?

Sergey.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(11,301 Views)

Hi Sergey,

I've found an example on the NI Example Finder which could be ideal for you.

If you launch the NI Example Finder from LabVIEW, and then navigate to Toolkits & Modules>>FPGA>>Analysis and Control>>Sine Generator - cRIO.lvproj. That project should provide you with a good starting point.

Post back to let me know if it helps.

Regards

Steve

Message 2 of 12
(11,284 Views)

Thansk Steve for example.

I think I saw it already earlier.

I have taken a look at it again and tried to create some code out of it. Please take a look at attachement.

I could not figure  out how it works.

1) I believe first part of the code (FPGA) one is just generating sine signal. Does it send it somewhere or not?

2) Second part of the code should send sine signal to output of the NI 9263 module but I could not see how it does it?

Could you, please, comment it for me?

Sergey.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(11,266 Views)

Thanks again Steve,

I have tried to create some code out of example you have give link to and out of another example.

The problem is: I could not figure out where the sine signal is sent to?

I need to wire this signal to one of 4 AO.

Can somebody help me to find this signal?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(11,250 Views)

Hi Sergey,

In order to wire the signal to AO you will have to create a VI under the FPGA branch in the project similar to the simple example I have attached.

the I/O Node can be found under the FPGA I/O palette on your functions panel. Place it onto your block diagram, then left-click to select which Module>>Channel to use, if multiple channels are required simply expand the I/O node by dragging the bottom edge of it.

Hope this is of use.

Steve

Message 5 of 12
(11,247 Views)

Hi Sergey,

Another thing to mention would be to change the calibration mode of your C-Series Modules to Raw from their Properties Dialog box.

Again, hope this is of use

Steve

Message 6 of 12
(11,244 Views)

I have changed calibration mode for all the C modules. What did it change?

I have tried to follow your advice and just changed FPGA vi for sine signal so it looks just like in attachement.

But when I run main VI I could see with multimeter that AO shows 13V AC now at some frequency.

Changing voltage ona front panel changes nothing. When I stop this VI voltage drops back to 0.

Why there is no real control over it?

Message Edited by Sergey(Micropore) on 08-19-2008 03:40 PM
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(11,228 Views)

Hi Sergey,

Try wiring the input to the AO module as shown in the attaached sine2.jpg to start.

To check theres no problem communicating between the modules try writing a simple FPGA VI as shown in Simple FPGA.jpg as this worked fine when I deployed it. Change the values in the Input Signal control to observa a change in the Chart similar to in the example.

Let me know how you get on with this.

Steve

Download All
Message 8 of 12
(11,210 Views)

Thanks Steve,

it works now using the different connection as you have suggested. With previous connection I was able to change frequency and no voltage and now I am able to change both.

Thanks a lot again.  I'll start to develop code for application now so my questions hope will be not that stupid.

Sergey.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(11,203 Views)

Sorry, I responded from my friends account and noticed it after the post.

Thanks Steve. It works now.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(11,199 Views)