Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LV2011 slower than 8.6.1??

So we are finally biting the bullet and transistioning our code all to 2011 from 8.6.1.  We run industral controls using a windows host with a labview application and a RT desktop thats with some M-series cards in it.  Our application is about 550 vis in total the majority of which are on the host side.  

I spent most of my time fixing config file calls up on the host side, but I thought I was lucky with the RT side and it just compiled strait away.  

Problem is our high speed test loop takes about 4 times as long to run as it did in 8.6.1.  It should be running at around 20-30 us but is now running at around 80 us.  I have not yet ruled out hardware but I kind of doubt it.  

One thing I should mention is that we use a fairly old structure, its all flat and not broeken up into sub vis (courdsy of a former employee)  and has never been cleaned up or fixed.  Is a flat structure that takes up about 6 screens going to cause us problems with running slow.  

Sorry cant post code.  

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,563 Views)

Hi tskesa,

Can you provide some information on how you're benchmarking the code?  Can you provide a general overview of how your RT code is structured (# of timed loops, parallel while loops, code flow, sequence structures, etc)?

How much  memory and CPU is being used?  Is it close to maxing out?  It's possible that more software was selected when you installed LV 2011 RT, and it's taking up more resources.

Regards,

Che T.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,549 Views)