Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAX error, exceprion in CmxProviderWrapper::Finalize

MAX error on startup, has happenened multiple times, any ideas how to fix?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(6,455 Views)

Hi,

When exactly do you receive the error message?

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(6,438 Views)

Hi,

I would suggest you download the last MAX version available at the following link:

http://joule.ni.com/nidu/cds/view/p/id/3560/lang/es

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(6,437 Views)

Hi

I have now updated to MAX 5.3.3, and also updated all other Labview components using update manager. The problem persists. It usually happens on starting MAX, although not every time. It seems to relate to a problem configuring cRIO device. Sometimes I get an error when configuring my cRIO, where it cannot save changes because connection is lost. On the next startup of MAX I would then see this error.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
(6,423 Views)

Hi,

The following link give some information about how you can fix the niVISAui.mxx Error

http://www.how-to-fix-errors.com/errors/fix-niVISAui.mxx-error-niVISAui.mxx-error-fix.html

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(6,403 Views)

Hi Marand

That site looks dodgy. Also not sure niVISAui.mxx error is applicable here...?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(6,399 Views)

M7,

I am getting the same error and also having difficultly communicating with and loading software to my cRIO device.  I am concerned that my almost new cRIO may have failed,  but before I give up on it I wanted to investigate this MAX error.  I attached a zip file with the referenced log & dmp files.

Did you find a fix?

James

MAX niVISAui.mxx Error

Tech Advisor - Automation
LabVIEW 5.0 - 2020
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(6,312 Views)

Hi James

I have not found a fix, and am not able to use my cRIO with labview 2012. (mine is an old cRIO, and I also thought it had failed until I tried another one and got the same problems).

My work around has been to use another computer with labview 8.6.1 and the cRIO is working fine.

What version of Labview are you using?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(6,207 Views)

M7,

I uninstalled LV2012 and went back to using LV2011, but still have the newer MAX 5.3.3 installed.

My MAX errors persist, but was able to get my cRIO (9014) working, for a while.

However, I am currently battling problems caused by changes to our Network Security Policy.

I am hoping that NI's next release arrives soon and corrects many of these issues and LV2012 bugs.

Regards,

James

Tech Advisor - Automation
LabVIEW 5.0 - 2020
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(6,201 Views)

Hi,

It sounds like your Measurement & Automation Explorer (MAX) database may have become corrupted. Please see the following documentation for procedures on how to remove the database corruption: 

What is the Process For Removing MAX Database Corruption? 
http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/2C7480E856987FFF862573AE005AB0D9 

Regards

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(6,192 Views)