Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI Network Browser detects cRIO but NI MAX doesn't

Hello everyone!

My name is Giovanni and I'm an italian student working on his M.Sc. final thesis.
I'm trying to configure a compactRIO for my first use.
Chassis' 9103, controller's 9014 and I'd want to connect it directly from my host computer,in which Windows7 runs, through a CAT5 crossover cable.
I've manually set IPv4 to 169.254.1.1 as NI website suggests, but NI MAX doesn't detect anything under "remote systems", even though NI "network browser" correctly detects it with its serial number as unconfigured, IP 0.0.0.0.
Status LED blinks once, correctly indicating that the system is unconfigured and Link LED is steady on and occasionaly blinks.
I've disabled Windows firewall, allowed NI MAX to the trusted applications and disabled Avast; I've reset the controller's IP an booted it with no applications by using the switches, but I still haven't figured out what's the issue!
I'm running LabVIEW 2010, LabVIEW RT 10.0.0, FPGA 10.0.0 and NI_RIO 3.5.
The only traffic from the controller I can catch via Wireshark is its response when i click "refresh" on "network browser" and it is from 0.0.0.0.

Does anybody have a kind tip for me?
Thank you in advantage!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(4,162 Views)

Hello Giovasa,

As you can see in the following article, the reasons that your Compatct Rio is not showing in MAX might be many. 

Can you check it for start? I am sure it will be of assistance.

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/ABE4BC247E8AC9BC8625734E005CAB42?OpenDocument

Best Regards,

Antonios
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(4,121 Views)

Hi Antonios

thank you for your interest in my issue!.

I almost forgot to report that this morning I got it sorted out by updating NI_RIO to 3.5.1.

I hope this can be usefull to somebody else as well.

Cheers!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(4,115 Views)