Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCI 7833 R 5V lost

I am using the 5V on the PCI 7833 R FPGA card.  As I was troubleshooting, the 5V on the board was lost.  I am using the SCB-68 breakout broad to access the signals.  Did I blow the FPGA card?  Is there a way to tell?

------------------------------------------------------------------

Kudos and Accepted as Solution are welcome!
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(5,912 Views)

I'm not sure about that board, but a lot of DAQ cards have fuses on them for the power outputs.  You might have just blown the fuse.  Pull out the card and see if you can find the fuse and test it for continuity.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 7
(5,910 Views)

I will try that when I get back in the office next week.  If a fuse is blown on board, where do I get the fuse for replacement?  

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(5,895 Views)

A co-working somehow found fuses on Digikey that looked and speced exactly the same part.  Hopeful it is really the right part.  I would get with your NI rep and see if you can get some information out of them.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 4 of 7
(5,892 Views)

Is there any software diagnostic tool for the card?  

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(5,885 Views)

If you are concerned your card is damaged, please contact NI support to complete a Return Merchandise Authorization. An Applications Engineer will help you walk through some troubleshooting steps.

There is not a software diagnostic tool, but we can complete a loopback or use a DMM to test if the +5V Terminal is working correctly.

Joey S.
Senior Product Manager, Software
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(5,869 Views)

Can you ask your co-worker what part number is that?  Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(5,681 Views)