Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RT Start-Up App does not start

Hello to everybody,

I have got a big problem. The RT App whitch I have builded works during the usage of a Host Computer. If I transform the VI into a RTApp and set it on "Run as Startup" nothing happend at all. For checking if the controller starts the VI I set the USER LED to flash during the VI runs.

However not even this is not starting!

Iam realy despaired now. What is the matter????

Iam using LV10.0f2 (32-Bit), FPGA 10.0.0, RT 10.0.0 & the Newest Device drivers (NI-RIO 4.0.0)

Hope somebody can help me!

I Attaced an PDF of the VI because it is a bit large...Smiley Tongue

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(4,823 Views)

Hi,

Can you give some more clarity on the problem your facing.

Have you created a project? Where did you selected to Run it as a Start Up VI?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(4,818 Views)

Hello,

Ohhh.... i foregot this major information!

So it should run at a NI9014 RT Controller with a NI9118 FPGA Chassis.

The Project I build consits out of 5 cRIO systems and a Host PC! 1 Master and 4 Slave Systems!

The Code of the Master iss a bit different but works!

I Created a RT Startup exe in the Build-specification Context of the cRIO. Then I set it to Run as starup, and agreed to the question to reboot with jes. (In Case of Master Module it works this way)

To check if it is set as startup I controlled the Rt ini. There the VI was named and run as Startup was set to TRUE.

So all was set to run it but it defenetly runs not...

Thank you for your replys

MaJahn

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(4,815 Views)

Hi

your PDF illustration could be more thoughtfully composed.

Suggest you upload the project (lvproj) explorer so we can see where you have the code located. You say that its works while on the host PC but not on the

RT system?

yet you have 5 systems! Do you mean 5 modules in the cRio Chassis?

All you 'pre code' could be managed in a 'sub'vi before  the initialisation of the FPGA code. Thus it can be verified before  a boolean provide the *GO ' for the FPGA code.

Does the application 'run ' in the development mode?

xseadog

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(4,801 Views)

Hello,

and first THX  for the answers given!

Jes I know that the code can be a much more optimized. But this step is one of the next after it runs as an Realtime App by itself!

No I mean 5 cRIO systems with full (8 I/O Modules) chassis!!!

I will test the encapsulation of the first code immediately and I will give a response!

Jes it runs there. And I meant the development mode (VI is running on RT Target and FP is shown & Updated with actual values on host PC) when I said the it works on host PC. SORRY!

MaJahn

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(4,795 Views)

So I got it encapsulated but nothing happend at all...Smiley Sad

....HELP....

MaJahn

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(4,785 Views)

Hi

Go back to basics. Create a small application to flash the LED light. Make this run on startup.

This will verify that the connection is good and your target can accept a download.

Break your main project into  sections, use the probes to identify if you have any error codes propergating through the code.

Coding modular helps with code scaling.

ps what happen to the project explorer overview?

xseadog

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(4,782 Views)

So I tasted to control the USER LED of the cRIO RTController. When I Switch the RIO on it starts flashing.

So RT Stating app uploading and load @ start works!

Uploading the Project File makes a less sense. Because I'm using folders with autofill option! But I will load it, Possible it hepls!

Modular Coding is a thing by itself by using FPGA Code and the try to make it flexible! But even this is an other case.

And to use probes expects that the VI runs not at RT startup app. And in this case it runs very proper so there are no errors only clues (like "Thank you for using NI FTP Service"). ^^

Thanks for help

MaJahn

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(4,780 Views)

hi againSmiley Happy

Well you have complex project!

initial over view :appears ok.

Are the slaves doing the same action or are they just workers? If doing the same then the setups are not identical.

In your last message could not determine if you had actually writtten code to verify  connect /upload of code to master controllerSmiley Surprised

If you restart the controller  yes the leds do flash as it reboots into mode. Have you deleted the startup code from the controller.So that you know

what state you in when you run!

As I mentioned before, break code so that you can test individual controllers.

Use the disable function in Labview to isolate code to help error testing. Also try introducing errors to verify functionality.

Sorry if it sounds like teaching you to 'suck eggs' Smiley Wink

For example regarding the GPS module, block the signal ! or move the module from slot 1! What happens?

Without any code its difficult to provide help.

If you have SSP then contact your local NI sales office and ask them to have a' butchers at the problem' (old london slang)

Regards

Xseadog

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(4,775 Views)