Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Runtime LabVIEW works with real-time target control?

Solved!
Go to solution

Runtime LabVIEW works with real-time target control?

Not in developing but when implementing the system (CRIO)./ and more than one CRIO in the same time

I want the CRIOs can be controlled from a host computer.

What should I do?

Can I use LabVIEW run-time, because its free license.

Thank you for your suggest.

Engineering at Sriracha
Kasetsart University
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,961 Views)

Hi Yaovaja, 

There is a difference between the Runtime and the Real-Time engine. The Runtime engine is for operating systems without LabVIEW installed. The Real-Time is for realtime operating systems. \

The Runtime Engine will not take the place of the Real-Time module, you will need a licensed version of the Real-Time module to program the cRIO. However, your university may have this option already if they have a site license for labview. You can double check with your IT department.

Once you have the Real-Time module installed you will be able to control multiple cRIOs from the same computer without problems. 

Jesse Dennis
Engineer
INTP
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,947 Views)

THANK YOU VERY MUCH

I will program cRIOs with my host computer which fully Labview installed.

Then

Can my another host computer which installed only labview run-time connect/control to multiple real time systems via an .exe labview file?

thank you

Engineering at Sriracha
Kasetsart University
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,915 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Yaovaja

Hi Yaovaja,

Once you have the cRIO programmed with a startup executable you will be able to communicate with it through shared variables or network streams or a communication method of your preference. You can use these communication methods from an executable. So yes, you can communicate, you just can't program the cRIO.

Jesse Dennis
Engineer
INTP
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,913 Views)