Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use of both USB and SD slots on 9636

All,

I am creating an embedded system using a sbRIO-9636 board.  The board is being used to monitor the health of a system and relay when things have gone wrong or are starting to.  My program is currently set up to read and store about 15 data points every 5 minutes.  Then every month, it takes that binary data file, converts the data to text arrays, and writes them to a spreadsheet file that is then stored on a 16 GB SD card installed on the 9636 board.  I have got all of that working and working great, very little slow down in data processing when transferring data.  The next feature I would like to add is to be able to allow the end user to plug in a USB stick and extract all data from the SD card.  However, what drive do I specify to look for the USB?  I know that when the SD card is inserted I look for the U drive, however, I have read that the USB is the U drive also.  Can I use both drives simultaneously?  If the USB is plugged in first for some reason does it become the U drive and now my code will write to the wrong directory.

I basically want the code to search every so many iterations for the existance of the USB drive.  If it is there it will start the data dump process.  I also plan to have it check if some of the files already exist on the drive to eliminate redundancies.

Please help

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(6,125 Views)

Hi gerin99,

The SD and USB ports are enumerated similarly. LabVIEW RT enumerates external drives starting with U:\. From there, each external drive you plug in will enuermate in alphabetical succession (e.g., V:\). In your case, since the SD card will already be plugged in as the U:] drive, the USB drive should show up as V:\. If you are not sure what order they will be plugged in or enumerated in, you can always check the disk capacities using the Get Volume Info VI in the Advanced File I/O palette.

The enumeration behavior is also listed in the sbRIOs manual:

Capture.PNG

I hope this helps!

Tannerite
National Instruments
Message 2 of 2
(6,115 Views)