Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cRIO-9075 crashing upon reciept of RS-232 message

I am working on an application for a cRIO-9075 and the cRIO crashes when it recieves a RS-232 message.  Based on the CPU usage chart in the DSM it doesn't seem to be overloading the processor but if I disable the main For Loop in the program that recieves the RS-232 data the cRIO doesn't crash.  When the cRIO crashes the program briefly freezes and then on my development machine I get a message that the connection to the cRIO has been lost.  The RS-232 messages are only 20-30 characters and the For Loop is really doing anything complicated.  Any ideas would be appreciated at this point.  I'm running Labview 2012 SP1 on the development machine and NI-RIO 12.1 on the cRIO.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,675 Views)

It's pretty unlikely that reading from a serial port will do that. Are you using the built in port or a 4-port module? I actually had something like a dozen 9075s operating a modbus network from the built in serial port, using LVRT2012. It probably not a bug in the actual VISA port operations . Post a screenshot or snippet of that for loop with the serial read in it, as well as how the port is being initialized, that will help.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,655 Views)