cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

communication error occured when starting/stopping VI

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi all,

I am having a frustrating situation.  I am trying to run some VIs on a Compact RIO 9073 chassis, and every time I start or stop the VI, I get two popups: "Communication Error Occured" (spelling is as on the popup) followed by "Warning: Connection to the Real-Time target (NI-cRIO9073 blah blah) has been lost".  

If I then go into the project manager, right-click on the cRIO and select Connect, it reconnects fine, and the VI is still running.  I then get the same two popups again when the VI stops.  In the meantime I can communicate with the VI with no issues.  I've tried reinstalling the software on the RIO to the NI-RIO 3.4.0 Minimal, but it hasn't helped.  

On the RIO I have LabVIEW Real-time 9.0.1, NI-RIO 3.4.0, and NI-VISA and Visa server 4.6.  Same numbers on the computer except that Real Time is 9.0.0.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

~Ben

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,105 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author benloer

::sigh::

Never mind,  I noticed it myself when I realized that my RT versions were different.  (Seems the naming scheme might need a bit of tweaking if .0.1 is different enough to break things...).

Not sure how I managed to get a newer version of RT on the box than on the pc, but oh well.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,103 Views)