Real-Time Measurement and Control

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

programming the sbrio-9601

Hello thereI just bought some devices from the national instruments and now i have to program them but because i am new in labview i will need your help to complete my project.the devices are the sbrio9601, the ni9201(analog module) and a gsm module(Cseries).The company that I purchased the gsm module sent me an example.vi so that one I have to modify now.

1- I want to analyze with FFT the data of the output of the fpga (read /write control)

The express functions that I tried to connect are not compatible with that outputs.Also I want the analyzed data to be saved in the memory of the sbrio. 2- I want to put it in sleep mode and ''wake up'' for a while to take the measurement analyze the data and save it and after that to put it in sleep mode again, i want to do that every one hour. how can i do that programmatically? 3- I configured the network settings of the sbrio in the MAX, but I don’t know how to connect to the device through the tcp/ip protocol. I want to connect to the device to take the measurements from the memory of the sbrio.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,207 Views)

Hi Zaxos,

I would start learning how to architect your application using the CompactRIO Developer's Guide. This tome of CompactRIO knowledge includes overall application development recommendations such as:

Section 1: Architectures.  I would use it to develop your state machine that cycles between active data acquisition/FFT analysis and inactive sleep timer between acquisitions.

Section 2: Ethernet communications.  This section will demonstrate how to build a parallel communication loop that will implment the TCP/IP communication to a host PC as you requested.

Section 3: LabVIEW FPGA. This section will cover how to stream data from FPGA to RT for or even program the FFT function into the FPGA.

If you have any issues with particular implementation aspects (writing/reading data to/from disk storage, DMA streaming overflows, FFT errors, or TCP/IP communication, etc.) then I would repost to this forum with those detailed questions.  

Hope this helps,

Message Edited by Spex on 04-15-2010 11:55 AM
Spex
National Instruments

To the pessimist, the glass is half empty; to the optimist, the glass is half full; to the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be has a 2x safety factor...
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,195 Views)