San Diego LabVIEW Users

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for a LabView programmer to help with a very interesting (and well-funded) project

My company is Metrionix, Inc.  My name is Jack Goldberg.

Metrionix provides R&D and consulting services and we have been using LabView for many years.  Full Development system license....

I have been doing much of the programming as of late because the better LabView programmer moved on; and I could definitely use some help.

Two projects are of concern.  One is a big project and the other is a smaller maintenance project.

1. We have developed, and our client is currently marketing, a USB connected measurement device having to do with sound and hearing.  LabView was used for the PC interface with the device.  As Microsoft continues to change it's OS and the Excel interface we rely on for this project -- With each new version of Windows and Excel, we have to make changes to ensure compatibility across platforms and versions.

2. We are currently in the advanced development stage of a major project involving irrigation.  Think: "water conservation."  The client is a multi-national irrigation company.  There are devices which are independent and self-powered but which communicate wirelessly with an intranet-connected communications box.  The LabView program runs on a PC and responds to messages from the various independent devices (up to 300 of them!) and the LabView program also sends commands to those devices as required.  The LV interface is a big deal for the success of the product.  LabView communicates with the "intranet-connected communications box" (supplied by Linear Technology) via TCPIP/XML.  We have it working with a couple dozen devices, but scaling up to several hundred devices will be a challenge.  Also the ergonomics will need a lot of work. 

Anyone out there interested?

Want a new project to start 2013?

Give me a call or emal

Jack Goldberg

www.metrionix.com

JGoldberg@metrionix.com

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(4,100 Views)