Sheffield LabVIEW User Group

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

European Certified LabVIEW Architect (CLA) Summit 2015

Each spring, National Instruments host two Certified LabVIEW Architect (CLA) Summit’s; one in the USA and the other in Europe. Last month, one of our CLA’s David Catto visited Texas for the US CLA Summit. You can read about his experience here.

The European CLA Summit took place in Rome and four of our Certified LabVIEW Architects attended. Chris, Kevin, Peter and Bo were treated to four days of networking with other LabVIEW Architects, experienced two days of top secret discussions about National Instruments’ future technology roadmap, and got to explore Rome in all its glory! When they returned, we caught up with Kevin who shares his experience of the EU Certified LabVIEW Architect Summit with us below:

My journey began in the West country, Bristol.

I was full of excitement as I arrived at Bristol Airport and about to board my plane that would take me to the ancient city of Rome for the 2015 Certified LabVIEW Architects (CLA) Summit. I did not know what to expect as this was my first CLA summit and also my first time in Rome. The image I had of Rome was that of the history books, and as for the CLA summit – I had no idea!

As my plane touched down in Rome I hopped on a bus labeled ‘City’, and was on my way. When I got to the city I was dropped off near the “Fiume Tevere” River Tiber. As the sun was setting on this majestic City I strolled along the river, taken in by historical architecture of the ancient City.

The CLA summit was held in the Crowne Plaza St Peters Hotel. On the morning of the CLA summit I headed off for breakfast to meet up with the rest of the Austin Consultants team. I also met a number of other delegates, some first timers and others who have seen many summits in the past. After breakfast we went over to the registration table and upon registering I was given a memento of the summit – my very own CLA summit jumper complete with LabVIEW logo!

I passed my Certified LabVIEW Architect exam this year, and wanted to attend the EU CLA Summit as I felt it was would be a great opportunity to meet the rest of the CLA community and learn about advanced topics that go past the CLA exam.

During the summit, there was a lot of talk about frameworks in LabVIEW, and how they work. Things like the Actor framework and variations on the State Machine and Producer Consumer. This was really interesting and generated a lot of discussion amongst the group.

We were also treated to some top secret information from National Instruments about their technology roadmap and future plans, which for obvious reasons I can’t share but I can tell you that it is EXCITING!

I would recommend the CLA summit to any CLA whether newly qualified or an experienced CLA. There is a great atmosphere throughout the summit, surrounded by like-minded individuals that are globally known for the expertise in LabVIEW. It is a chance to meet new people and find out what they are up to and how they are using LabVIEW as a solution for their projects.

I met people from all different countries from a variety of industries, and found it extremely insightful. The topics that are covered over the few days are really technical and advanced and provide a great opportunity to challenge yourself and learn new things. If you’re thinking about working towards your CLA exam and attending the summit, I would definitely recommend it!

Austin Consultants Certified LabVIEW Architects in Rome with Elijah Kerry from National Instruments

Elijah Kerry, Principal Product Manager from National Instruments joins Kevin Ross, Peter Davies, Chris Thoroughgood and Bo Fu from Austin Consultants at the European CLA Summit in Rome, 2015.

The post European Certified LabVIEW Architect (CLA) Summit 2015 appeared first on Austin Consultants.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(4,326 Views)