Signal Conditioning

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you suggest a signal conditioning suitable for DC motor built-in encoder

1. Can you suggest a signal conditioning (SCC) that suitable for DC motor with built in encoder?

2. If there have a suitable SCC, then what model for DAQ.? Can I use PCI 6259 which I have a SCC for accelerometer.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,504 Views)

The encoder on this motor (btw it would help A LOT if you would indicate type of motor and/or link to a datasheet) is a so-called quadrature encoder. These encoders deliver pulse trains on two channels which have a phase shift of 90 deg. With these "shifted" signals, you can also detect the direction of movement. I think there should be some NI application notes covering the properties of quadrature encoders - such as 

http://www.ni.com/gettingstarted/setuphardware/dataacquisition/quadratureencoders.htm

However, these encoders usually are not used with a signal conditioning circuit but with a decoding circuitry to detect the phase shift between channels. You probably can do this by software using two digital input channels. I have absolutely NO experience with LabView but I think there should be LabView applications avaiable for detecting quadrature encoder signals.

These encoders usually have a third "channel" which gives just one pulse per revolution and is used to detect a reference position precisely. You have to connect this channel only in case you need this feature.  

Message 2 of 3
(5,502 Views)

Here I attach the spec for the motor. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,461 Views)