Signal Generators

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Can I make a signal with 2 or more different pulses (diferent amplitude and duty cycle)

I need to generate a signal composed of one pulse of a determined amplitude and duty cycle and other pulse of another amplitude and duty cycle. It should be both, periodic or just one cycle.

Thank you for your quick reply!!
Damian
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,801 Views)
Damian,

Wich hardware and software are you using? What are the pulses for and how are you going to use them?

Dario Camargo
NI Brazil
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(6,771 Views)
Dear Dario Camargo:

I have PC with Intel Celeron Processor and Windows ME. LABVIEW version is 7.0.
I have been trying to do it with Arbitrary Waveform Example located in Labview\examples\analysis\sigxmpl.llb
But here I cannot modify the number of points in the Wave table and neither the width of each pulse.

The application is for ferreolectric domain analysis. I have two Arbitrary Waveform Generators that should be controlled for LABVIEW through GPIB interphase to genrate this waveform.
The instruments are:

HP 33120A
Biomation 2414B

Thanks a lot for your help!
Damian
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(6,765 Views)

The input to the wave table is nothing more than an array and there is no reason you can't add, change, or modify points. You are going to have to provide some details on what your exact problem is.

p.s. This board is for NI signal generators. When (or if) you get around to asking questions about your models, you will want to use th instrument control board.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(6,757 Views)

First you'll have to install the drivers so LabView can comunicate with your devices.

HP 33120A:
http://sine.ni.com/apps/utf8/niid_web_display.model_page?p_model_id=103

I couldn't find the drivers for Biomation 2414B, so you'll have to develop your own driver for proper communication.

More information can be found on:

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/4376

Dario Camargo

NI Brazil

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(6,697 Views)