SignalExpress

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

generate analog output voltage using a Daq card

Hi,

I am tring to generate from my daq card(PCI DAS 6014) an analog output volateg of 10V at a frequency of 10Hz. I would like to generate it continuously. And one important point is that i need to generate a phase(basically one period at a time) so that as to generate multiple phase at the same frequency.

Enclosed is the v.i that i have done.

Can someone help me out?

Many thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(6,400 Views)

Hi Mutah,

Thanks for posting on the NI forums.

I see in the code you attached that you have a Simulate signal function. If you double click on this you will see numerous options that you can change.

You mentioned that you wanted to output the voltage at a certain frequency. This can be changed within the Simulate Signal function. Also, there are multiple inputs on the left hand side of the function. Anything you wire here will override the settings you have changed inside the function. Offset, Frequency, Amplitude and Phase are all options that you can configure.

As the simulate signal is inside a while loop it will be generating signals continuously.

I hope this helps.

Kind Regards

Michael
NIUK Application Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(6,394 Views)

Hi Michael,

Thanks a lot for your insight.

I have set the frequency, the voltage,amplitude and the number of samples and after that i am connecting 

my output channel to an oscilloscope. 

The problem is that the signal is noisy. Instead of getting a 10V signal, i am getting a 17.6V signal peak to peak.

Is there any way i can filter or have a proper signal or is it the daq card?

Thanks,

Mutah

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(6,388 Views)