South East Michigan LabVIEW User Group

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SEMLUG 2021 Meeting Dates

Hello!

The dates for the meetings for the South East Michigan LabVIEW user group meetings have been released!

March SEMLUG Meeting

Date: 3/18/2021

Time: 11:00 - 1:00

Topic: 10 things I wish I knew when I started using Git by Sam Taggart

May SEMLUG Meeting

Date: 5/13/2021

Time: 1:00 - 3:00 Note Time Change

Topic: Overview of Project Dragon by JKI

September SEMLUG Meeting

Date: 9/9/2021

Topic: What's new in LabVIEW 2021 by Dan Shangraw, P.E.

November SEMLUG Meeting

Date: 11/11/2021

Topic: TBD

You can register for our meetings here 

As you can see we have the November meeting open.  Please let me know if you are interested in presenting.

Thanks

Dan Shangraw, P.E.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,491 Views)

You couldn't make the first two meetings on 3/3 and 5/5 like the last two meetings? (This post was created on 2/2).

Have you heard anything from the Farmington office lately? NI's sales department appears to be in a state of flux since NI's green new deal. It would be interesting to hear from the local office at one of these meetings.

Any thoughts on when we might return to in person or hybrid meetings?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,469 Views)

@Gleichman wrote:

You couldn't make the first two meetings on 3/3 and 5/5 like the last two meetings? (This post was created on 2/2).

Darn it!  That would have been cool.

I have not heard from the Farmington office.  I do have some info on how NI plans to do sales.  NI is moving to use distributors for small and medium size customers.  You can get NI hardware from Digikey, Newark, and ni.com.  Here is the link to find a distributor.  NI plans to use their sales force for large accounts only.  I don't know how a large account is defined.  I also don't know how to connect a "large" account customer to NI.  It looks like if you want to talk to somebody about NI hardware your best bet is Newark.  I have been asking NI about their new sales model and have not gotten a lot of details.  My take away is they are farming out most of sales to distributors.

NI has laid off 9% of its workforce.  My understanding it was a lot of folks in sales.  Here is an article .  I don't know if that had any effect on the Farmington office.

Right now I think it would be safe to assume we are virtual until at least Q3 user group meeting.  I haven't heard from NI about user group support post COVID.

I will post more information as I receive it in the coming months.

Dan Shangraw, P.E.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,459 Views)