Southern Ontario LabVIEW User Group Community

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kingston LabVIEW User Group

So we've recently started the Kingston LabVIEW User Group and have had our first two meetings within the last month. Anyone who is interested can sign up for the group here. Feel free to sign-up even if you aren't in the Kingston area as I've been sending the material we've been covering out to the entire list after each meeting.

The first topic we covered was version control and how it relates to provenance, and configuration files. Version control is item #1 on the Joel Test of good software and for good reason. It's a topic that seems so mundane until you actually run into a situation where you REALLY wish you had it, kind of like a seat belt or an insurance policy.

Here is the link to the talk I gave and here are a few of the links for installing and configuring Subversion for use with LabVIEW:

Once you have Subversion installed, you can checkout the project I made that handles the integration of version control, provenance, and configuration files. The checkout link is:

svn://199.48.103.42/LVUG

The second topic we covered was a deeper dive on configuration files. You can get it here. Namely, what are the options in LabVIEW and what are the tradeoffs. We added these to our Subversioned project in the link above.

I'll start posting more of our topics and interactions here as the group matures. If anyone happens to be interested in topics we are covering, I've put together a survey for the options for the next talk.

Happy Programming!

Cole

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(4,440 Views)