Troubleshooting Hardware

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed RoboRio 2.0 during a competition match

Hello - 

During competition at the NorthStar regional in Duluth MN, our DIO ports all failed during a match and this cause the robot to stop functioning as well as causing damage to the robot because of the REV through bore encoders trying to reset.  Per the field FTA, they said that they lost communication with the RoboRio.  When we got to the pits to troubleshoot the issue, a FTA person came over to assist and determined that the DIO ports stopped working.  He did this by metering across the 5v to ground connections and suggested to reach out to NI for a failed RoboRio.

Once we had replaced the RoboRio with one that we borrowed, we removed all the tape covering the unused ports (to keep the junk out to prevent unnecessary headaches), blew it out with a little compressed air and tried to test the unit.  No power to the color sensors or the REV through bore encoders from the RoboRio and as a result no readings on the Smart Dash board.

We have double checked the connections to all the color sensors and encoders and do not have any wiring faults, shorts and are not loose.  The connections to the RoboRio are secure and the borrowed one has been working fine since we put it in.

What is the process to get a RMA done on this device?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(141 Views)

Hi,

My name is Esteban from NI Technical Support, I've sent you a direct message for further steps.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(95 Views)

Hello Esteban - 
I have sent you a reply back over a week ago but have not heard anything.  Do you have an update?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(47 Views)