Troubleshooting Hardware

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Ethernet LED activity on RoboRio2

The robotRio 2 for our team lost ethernet connection following a match at the District Event at WPI on Saturday, 4/10/22. The device was replaced with a loaner from "Parts" after a series of efforts to trouble shoot the problem. The rio works through USB but there are no LED lights on the ethernet port. The combination of code/software worked fine with the replacement rio and we were told that the problem is specifically with our ethernet port, which appears to have failed. I tried to start a hardware request using the s/n number from the sticker on the bottom of the rio, but NI did not accept the number as entered. Can anyone advise? Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(665 Views)

Thank you for posting on the forums.

Sorry about the confusion - we are currently handling all support for FRC here via the forums, and I can help you with initiating the RMA process. Before we do that, can we check a few things?

If you re-image the SD card (with no software), does the issue persist?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(650 Views)

Yes, the issue persisted after reformatting and then flashing the sd card using Balena with version 4 of the disk image. I just repeated the process to verify. This was attempted at the event as well.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(642 Views)

Thank you for double checking.

I sent an email to the address listed on your profile requesting the information I'll need to file the RMA for you.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(638 Views)