Troubleshooting Hardware

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RoboRIO version 1; Unrecoverable error. Refund?

Hi, we're unable to image or update our roboRIO because we have an unrecoverable error with the status light constantly blinking. 

The computer can't find the roboRIO and we can read <No roboRIO targets found> on the Imaging Tool.

We tried to flash it with no result: https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA03q000000kOHkCAM&l=fr-CA

Is it possible to have a refund or an exchange as the roboRIO has never been used?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(619 Views)

Hello Tornades_3386,

I'm Matthew with NI. Thank you for posting on the forums.

A roboRIO is usually able to be reset following the directions you linked to; however, once attempted, there are two options: keep trying with different USB drives, or to RMA the device.

I can help with the RMA if you want to go that rought now. Or, would you like to try a few more USB drives?
(we've found that older ones tend to work more consistently since the roboRIO uses USB 1 ports, and the failure mode is usually the drive the roboRIO not being able to agree on timing.)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(591 Views)

Hello,

We have been unsuccessful in resolving the problem. We tried with a USB key and a SD card adapter, but none worked. Can you help guide me through a replacement for FRC competition?

Thank you,

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(578 Views)

I sent you a private message on how to complete an RMA.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(569 Views)