UI Interest Group Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Associating Splitters and Panes

I want to add a feature to an app that changes a splitter's position at run-time, but I want to be considerate of the neighboring/owned panes that border it. I can't figure out how to find out which panes border a splitter. I've checked all the VI Server properties and methods for splitters and panes, but nothing looks useful. Can someone help me figure out how to associate them? I don't have to use deductive logic on their bounding boxes, do I?

Edit: Well, here's something that does the trick using said deductive logic. Quick and dirty, but it works for my purpose of getting all the panes that touch a given splitter. Saved for LV 2011 SP1.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,561 Views)

Repositioning a splitter bar is not very intuitive for me neither. I want to use this functionality to collapse (show/hide) a pane in a splitter-bar vi with different panes. I also wondered if it's possible to insert and remove a splitter bar at runtime. Do you have a vi to play around with your library and visualize what you want exactly?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,568 Views)

DavidZ. wrote:

Do you have a vi to play around with your library and visualize what you want exactly?

I'm not exactly sure what you're asking. Can you elaborate?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,568 Views)