UI Interest Group Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change background color of military UI package

I tried changing the background color of the vertical slider in the military package programmatically.  It did not work.  Can this be done, or is not possible since this is a customized control?  I'm really hoping there is a way because I'd love to use these for my next project, but not being able to do this will completely eliminate that possibility. 

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,994 Views)

shoemakesmusic,

The military controls use custom bitmaps for the background so you cannot programmatically change the color the way you can with un-customized control.

I haven't tried it but off the top of my head it seems like the easiest way to get the functionality you need would be to make the slider background transparent (using the recolor tool) and carefully place it over the top of a picture ring.  In the picture ring you would need to have a bitmap with each color variation you want to be able to change to (the original source graphics are available to download from the same page you got the military controls).  You would then change the picture ring to change the background color.

~SimonH

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,715 Views)

ah ok.  Well I've never used the transparency before.  I will have to try that.  I really love these UIs I don't want to sound ungrateful.  Just hoping to use them with a little more functionality.  Thanks for the tips. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,715 Views)