From 11:00 PM CDT Friday, May 10 – 02:30 PM CDT Saturday, May 11 (04:00 AM UTC – 07:30 PM UTC), ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

UI Interest Group Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Digital Graph

Dear all,

I've been asked to create a small program to read from DAQ (digital inputs) and display the output. Sounds easy. All is done but now I'm stuck at the UI. The user wants the digital graph to look like the attached image. False signal is represented as a relatively thin line while the True signal is represented as a fat line. The graph will also show signals from many channels (something like the stack plot on the waveform chart). My initial idea was to use a waveform graph/chart and fill the graph to 0. I'm wondering whether there's a better way to approach this. Please advice.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(4,097 Views)

Seems like you are thinking of a reasonable approach. I would use a waveform chart with two plots for each signal. Let's say you assign each signal to an integer. When the signal goes high, add and subtract 0.25 to that signal's two plots. You can fill between the plots to get the "thick" bars.It looks like it will be a lot of plots, but I think it would be managable.

Chris

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,548 Views)