UI Interest Group Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone Like "Slide to Unlock" VI

Use it as you will, but this was a bit of a project VI without an application, looking to duplicate Apple iPhone's "Slide to Unlock" control.

I imagine it could be nice for touchscreen applications.

Please share how you think it could be used and what modifications you see being useful.

Slide to Unlock VI.png

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(6,765 Views)

Hi,

Can you save it with the version 2009? Some of us do not have version 2010 yet!!

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,289 Views)

Sorry... here you go in 2009 version. Enjoy

Message 3 of 6
(3,289 Views)

nice,man!!!

Althought i have not idear where i can use it now , i think i will one time.

and i suggest that u can  package the function to a VI that output a Boolean(T/F), so that  the people can direct call your vi to use such function.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,289 Views)

Thanks for the comment... I've now saved it back to v8.5 and set it up to output a boolean.

Again... Enjoy!!

Also, having not yet built an xControl, or really read about them much, does this seem suited for such an endeavor?

Finally... what other "Apple-like" controls may be useful for labview? They have such a nice UI that I think we could learn alot from them.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,289 Views)

Nice Buckidge,

I'd like to see some elasticity come into play when you let go of the slider.  Animations are tricky but once you get the hang of them, they work.

Simon Hogg wrote a VI that will Tween the animation motion from point A to point B.  He gave a talk about it at NI week 2010

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,289 Views)