USRP Software Radio

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help on beginners easy RX/TX problem (Send/Receive bits)

Hello!

Im really new to Labview. My problem is quite simple. I want to transmit a given bitstream from file via bpsk. At the other side i want to receive all the time data, demodulate and save it to a file. I dont want to do any packet format or whatever, simply transmit the stream and all the time receive on the other side, because the later steps i want to do in my already given algorithm.

I cant open somehow most of the example from USRP. I also dont need any GUI. Can someome help me how that is done?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,861 Views)

Hello Hanzzz,

The easiest way to begin will be using the examples that come with the USRP. 

Go to Start >> All Programs >> National Instruments >> NI USRP >> Examples.

Open the ModulationToolkitExamples folder

Double click on the niUSRP EX PSK Tx example VI

On the block diagram, change PN Sequence to Read from file

read from file.jpg

Create a constant for the Path input terminal

read from file.jpg

Switch to the front panel and choose the correct PSK format you would like and the file you would like to read from

read from file.jpg

You can use the niUSRP EX PSK Rx example VI to receive the signal and save the output bitstream from the MT Demodulate PSK VI to a file.

read from file.jpg

Take a look at the LabVIEW example on how to write to files

From LabVIEW, click the Help menu

Click Find Examples

In the Browse tab, click on the Fundamentals folder then click on the File Input and Output folder. I would suggest either the Write to Text file or Write Binary file examples.

Anthony F.
Staff Software Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(6,841 Views)

Hey Hanzzz,

Regarding you being unable to open USRP examples, I don't know why this would happen, but we just released a new version of the driver Friday.  I recommend that you update to the version, 1.2, which you can download here.  That will reinstall any missing files and hopefully fix your examples.

Anthony_F mentioned an example that uses Modulation Toolkit.  This is not a free toolkit, but you can always download a 30 day trial.  The toolkit helps with setting up your bit stream, but the rest of the example shows how you need to set up the USRP driver to run a basic modulation example.

Sarah Yost
Senior Product Marketing Manager
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(6,834 Views)

The problem is, that for example while loading the niUSRP EX PSK Tx example, its asking me for mod_continues BB-PSK, what it seems not be able to find. I also tried to uninstall und reinstall again...

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(6,823 Views)

Hello Hanzzz,

That VI is part of the Modulation Toolkit, you will need to install or re-install Modulation Toolkit so that LabVIEW can find those subVIs.

You can also search for it manually. Mine is located in C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2012\vi.lib\addons\Modulation\Digital\Support\examples

Anthony F.
Staff Software Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(6,820 Views)