USRP Software Radio

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Single B210 with GNU Radio: TX and RX synchronisation

Dear

I am tasked with implementing a time-of flight based system. The system sends a pulse on frequency A and receives it after a delay (microsecond range) on frequency B (using correlation). I have setup the pulse generation in GNU Radio Companion. To test the latency of the setup I connected RF TX A to RF RX A on the B210. The output is then visualized in a QT GUI Time Sink.

However, every time when starting the flow the visualized delay is different. I want to make sure my transmitter and receiver are synchronized. This means they should start at exactly the same time and continue at the same rate, only then the time between sending the data to the USRP sink and receiving it from the USRP source can be used for the application.

How do I need to configure both USRP Source (RX) and USRP sink (TX) in GNU Radio Companion to make them synchronized?

Furthermore, how would you suggest handling overflows or underflows? These have a big influence in measuring the time difference.

Best regards

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(367 Views)

Solved by varying the start time for the sink and source blocks. 6.55 microseconds earlier for TX then RX on my unit.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(82 Views)