From 11:00 PM CDT Friday, May 10 – 02:30 PM CDT Saturday, May 11 (04:00 AM UTC – 07:30 PM UTC), ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

USRP Software Radio

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two terminals of different types

I want to make an AM-DSB Modulation with the ni-usrp. In the receiver part i wanted to filtering the modulated signal but there is an error on the data input  of the filter called (You have connected two terminals of different types...) i added the vi file in the attachment. Looking forward to your help.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,152 Views)

Hi aneengineer,

You are multiplying a cluster of 3 doubles with "dynamic data". According to the context help (Ctrl-H), this will output a cluster of 3 elements: 2 dynamic data types and 1 1D array of dynamic data, which you can see by right clicking the output terminal of the Multiply node and choosing "create indicator". Then mouse over with context help enabled. 

The X input of the butterworth filter is expecting an array of doubles, hence the data mismatch.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,134 Views)

Thanks a lot. I understood what you said. In this situation how can i fixed this problem? I want to make an AM communication system and in receiver part i cannot filtering the modulated signal. It would be gratefull if you help me. Thanks again.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,123 Views)

Hi aneengineer,

You can unbundle to get just the relevant dynamic data, which is the y-value. It will be a 1D array. Feed this into a For loop which will handle the data 1 element at a time. Inside the For loop, you can use the Convert from Dynamic Data. In configuration, choose "Single Scalar" and it will convert from dyamic data to double. Then wire it out of the For loop and ensure the tunnel mode is auto-indexing by right-clicking the tunnel and choosing Tunnel Mode>>Indexing. Now you have a 1D array of doubles, which can be wired into the X input of the filter.

filter.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,110 Views)