VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Acquisition Modes

From the NI VeriStand Help the list of Tasks executed by the Primary Control Loop is as follows:

• Reads and writes high-speed FPGA I/O, analog and counter DAQ I/O, and Custom Device Loop data.
  • Applies scaling to the data.
  • Executes one step of the stimulus profile, if a test is currently running.
  • Sends data to the Data Processing Loop in order to synchronize the table of channel values.
  • Sends data to the Model Execution Loops.
  • Prompts the Data Processing Loop, Model Execution Loop(s), and Custom Device Loop(s) to execute.
  • Performs software fault insertion.
  • Creates mapping connections.
  • Executes inline custom devices. 

Meanwhile the DIO Loop reads and write low-speed DAQ I/O data.

It looks like though that only single-point I/Os are available natively with the above loops. Is this correct?

So for acquisitions modes such as: buffered AI, high speed DI etc... Do I have to build a custom device?

Thx,

Laurent

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,493 Views)

It looks like though that only single-point I/Os are available natively with the above loops. Is this correct?

It's implied in this document but you're correct for VeriStand <=2011.  This request is being considered.

So for acquisitions modes such as: buffered AI, high speed DI etc... Do I have to build a custom device?  

If there's a need for a genuine buffered mode, then yes.  The Custom Device Developer's Guide may help for now; a future release of VeriStand should have much of this information integrated into the Help.  Consider the use case before embarking on a buffered acquisition custom device.  Perhaps you can use a calculated channel function (like filter or average) or a LabVIEW model to get the result you need.

Steve K

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,481 Views)

Thanks Steve. So we will have to find some work around... The more I learn about Veristand the more shortfalls I find. It looks like a promising framework, but it still needs to progress. I hope NI will bring it to a mature state soon.

Thx.

L.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,467 Views)