VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ethernetipinterface.dll missing

Hi all,

I am having some issues with the Control Logix Ethernet/IP interface. Smiley Indifferent

I have installed the "Ethernet/IP Custom Device" and I am able to configure the connection ip and backplane ports.

However, when I am trying to run or deploy I get the following error message. 

Details:Error 1003 occurred at Project Window.lvlib:Project Window.vi >> NI_VS Workspace ExecutionAPI.lvlib:NI VeriStand - Connect to System.vi
Possible reason(s):
LabVIEW:  The VI is not executable. Most likely the VI is broken or one of its subVIs cannot be located. Select File>>Open to open the VI and then verify that you are able to run it.

=========================NI VeriStand:  Open VI Reference in NI VeriStand Engine.lvlib:Open Custom Device Driver VI Reference.vi->NI VeriStand Engine.lvlib:Launch Asynchronous Custom Device.vi->NI VeriStand Engine.lvlib:VeriStand Engine State Machine.vi->NI VeriStand Engine.lvlib:VeriStand Engine.vi<APPEND>VI Path: C:\Users\Public\Documents\National Instruments\NI VeriStand 2010\Custom Devices\Ethernet IP - Logix Tags\Ethernet IP - Logix Tags Engine.llb\Ethernet IP - Logix Tags RT Driver VI.vi

This used to work on LV2010 upgraded to LV2010SP1, but no longer works on a LV2010SP1 fresh install?

Has the ethernetIpInterface.dll been removed between versions or am I missing something obvious here?

Regards,

/Roger

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,347 Views)

Hi,

You should post your question here as this is the TestStand forum not VeriStand

Regards
Ray Farmer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(6,344 Views)

Yes, I noticed this, I've asked the moderator to move the post.

Br,

/Roger

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,342 Views)

Hi Roger,

I wrote the Ethernet/IP plugin for NI VeriStand a couple years ago.  At the time the code was based on an experimental driver available for download on NI Labs.  You can find the original download link in the Readme included with the custom device.  Without the driver installed on the host machine and RT target the custom device will not run.  I expect that this is the problem that you're running into on your fresh install.

Unfortunately, it looks like the Ethernet/IP driver has recently been productized and made avaialble for purchase on our website, and is no longer available as a free download on NI Labs.  I also have not tested with this new version of the driver, so I can not guarantee that the custom device will work as-is (although I don't expect that they changed the driver interface at all, so there probably shouldn't be any problems).

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(6,304 Views)