VeriStand

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System Definition Explorer: How to detect if it is open?

Hi everyone,

I have an automated test system which is using Veristand 2016, LabVIEW 2016, and Teststand 2016. The following automation scenario runs without any issue:

• Open Veristand Gateway
  • Open Veristand Project which is manually selected by user
  • Deploy system definition
  • ..next step

The issue comes when user incidentally open system definition of the same project. My test framework can't acknowledge if system definition of the same project is opened. It just wait until user realize that and close system definition manually. 

What i want to have is:

1. Veristand API which can tell me that the system definition is opened from veristand project.
  2. I will then tell user (via pop-up message) to close system definition properly or build a time out and cancel test if user doesn't react.

To all NI Veristand expert.. is it possible to have  poin #1 ?

Thanks and regards,

Rajamodol

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,398 Views)

That's more like a security feature that you are facing If the SysExplorer is opened (from a project) the NIVS gateway is going to wait until it's closed in case modifications are made to the Sys Def file.

There is no function or tool in my mind that checks that state, but you can certainly use the brute force to achieve the sanity check you're looking for. Search for the System Explorer.exe process in the Windows task list and prompt the user to close it if it's opened before trying to deploy the definition file.

Look around for examples

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/5447A43D84C54E778625788D003A8A36

https://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/How-can-i-get-get-the-process-list-Windows/td-p/267084

And there are more examples using .NET and Windows API functions.

Eric M. - Senior Software Engineer
Certified LabVIEW Architect - Certified LabVIEW Embedded Systems Developer - Certified LabWindows™/CVI Developer
Neosoft Technologies inc.

Message 2 of 2
(2,355 Views)