Washington Community Group

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seattle LabVIEW User Group Meeting - 2023

Fresh Consulting also has an office in Portland, OR at 811 SE Stark St Suite 300, Portland, OR 97214. I will be hosting an in-person remote viewing session for the meeting at our Portland office. We will sign into the meeting and watch remotely on a projector. We can then have our own in person discussions and Q&A.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 17
(911 Views)

Hi all 

Do you have a registration link or a teams link for this meeting? 

regards 

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 17
(892 Views)

Here is a link for those who wish to join remotely:

https://freshconsulting.zoom.us/s/89636000665

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 17
(882 Views)

Thanks Andy!!! Posting more details below for reference:

Agenda:
6:00 to 7:00: Networking and Pizza
7:00 to 8:30: Presentations and Q&A
8:30 to 10:00: Wrap up and open discussion.

o  Seattle location- 14725 SE 36th St #300, Bellevue, WA 98006
After 6:00 park in the lot next to Fresh Consulting as the garage gates may be down and proceed to the front door for entry.
o  Portland location - 811 SE Stark St Suite 300, Portland, OR 97214
Reach out to @Andrew phan

To view the presentation remotely, here is the Zoom Link: https://lnkd.in/g53MQu9d

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 17
(823 Views)

Fantastic.  I plan on using the zoom link to join remotely from home.  Looking forward to virtually getting together and sharing cool stuff.

Warren

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 17
(817 Views)

You can find the Demo and Slides I presented from last night attached.

The power supply I used was a BK 9205, the DMM was a Fluke_8808A, and the Arduino was an ArduinoMega (its code is also included).

You should be able to implement your own instruments using the same interfaces, add (or replace) your class at the starting array, and have the code work as expected (initialize, set the output, read the voltage[s], close) when you run it.

Another item was brought up that I had forgotten to mention regarding interfaces: If you work toward SOLID principles, correct use of interfaces helps with the D (Dependency Inversion), in that your code no longer depends on a specific instrument or method of performing a function, but instead depends on the interface to that function (these are the inputs, those are the outputs, I don't care how it's implemented), and makes the core parts of your code that much more portable.

Thanks for the reminder, John! This is another important aspect of OO that should indeed have been mentioned last night!

And thank you all for coming, it was great to see everyone!

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 17
(792 Views)

Thanks for sharing Chris!!! I really enjoyed your presentation.

Also wanted to follow up on your LabVIEW "dark mode" comment... 

dark mode front panel.png

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 17
(786 Views)