Webcast Wednesday Discussions

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webcast Wednesday Contest # 7

Question) Design a VI that behaves like a interface (see attachment 1) for filling up an application form to apply for a job against a vacancy at a company.

The interface should allow user to enter his details and submit the application form which would be saved to a text file in a folder on the local machine with the file name same as the name of the applicant. Multiple entries with same name should be numbered. The VI should be capable of sorting the forms according to The position applied for and should save the form in an appropriate folder under a root folder.

One example of such directory structure has been given below.

snapshot.png

Also the VI should check if an entry with same Name and same Email ID exists and should prevent the user from creating a repetitive entry. Make sure that the data has proper alignment in the file (see attachment 2). The number of parameters can be kept according to your wish. Name, Address, Date of birth, Email ID, Position applying for, previous work experience should be present. The files should be saved to User Documents directory on the system.

Attach VIs and other files in your answer by clicking on the Advanced/Full Editor mode in your comment window while you are typing the comment.

Leave your answers as comments below by clicking on Reply

321ylper.JPG

You will need to be logged-in to do so. Click here to sign-in/sign-up.

Rules & Guidelines

• Post your answers as comments on this thread.
  • The participant answering all the questions correctly and in the shortest time will be the winner. In case of VI or code as answers, the participant will also be judged on the basis of the efficiency of the VI/code.
  • The deadline for answer submission is next Monday. Entries made after Monday will not be accepted.
  • Entries made after the deadline will not be accepted.
  • The winner will be announced in the next session of Webcast Wednesday and on this thread, with further information & next steps.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 21
(8,829 Views)

Hello All,

This is my first post on the wednesday contest, so i request you to go through it and give suggestions on improvement.

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Arjun.M.G

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 21
(4,072 Views)

Hi Friends,

First I apologies to the Team Wednesday Webcast for the trouble caused.

Here is my VI for the contest #7, In this VI I`ve used the help description which I`ve not used in earlier VI. So when you run it try using Ctrl+ H for help description.

Run the VI, Fill in the columns. There will be an folder generated in the path of VI placed.

Update your feedback on my VI.

If you are running the VI second time Delete the WEBCAST WEDNESDAY APPLICATION FORM Folder and run it

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 21
(4,072 Views)

Hello Friends,

Please find the attached .rar file.

Run the Application Form.vi.

Give suggestions on my VI.

Regards,

Shweta Walanj

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 21
(4,072 Views)

Hello Friends,

Please find the attached VI.

Run Application Form.vi.

Previous VI has some dependencies...

So pls. refer this .rar file....

Regards,

Shweta

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 21
(4,072 Views)

Hi Arjun.M.G,

The VI looks there are many new things I learned from it. I tried your VI, If I don update all the parameter  it is saving the data, Lets assume some important data are manditory for application purpose.

You and myself can used an Simple Error handler after closing the text file.

Your GUI Looks Great ...

All the best for your results.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 21
(4,072 Views)

Hi Ganesh,

Thanks for the positive reply, i couldn't update the VI after the post because of some official training program, will try to update some features like data base searching, blank field detection and warning etc today if possible.

Message 7 of 21
(4,072 Views)

Hi Swetha_Walanj,

There are quite nice things to observe from your vi, GUI, VI ICon Editing, Using Error in and Out.

Since I`m missing some .ctl and some other files I couldn`t run the file.

I`ve a question for you, the DOB which you have used is an reference may I know how you frammed it.

labeling of wires are great and it might have been aligned for better view.

All the best for your result.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 21
(4,072 Views)

Yeah that is obvious You can`t update the file in this contest but can upgrade your code and post it.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 21
(4,072 Views)

Hello,

Please find the attached .zip file. Unzip it, open Main_File.vi and run the program. Before running, make sure you specify your User Documents directory in the block diagram of App_Form.vi. I have included my PC's User Documents directoy: C:\Users\Ajay\Documents. Change the User Name to your PC's UserName, or change the entire path, according to ypur requirement.

In my program, I have tried to fulfil all the requirements, and made the VI as user-friendly as possible.

Please go through it, and give suggestions.

Feedbacks are welcomed.

Regards,

Ajay Maity

P.S. Only running Main_File.vi is sufficient. All the remaining files are SUBVIs.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 21
(4,072 Views)