From Thursday, May 23rd (05:00 PM CDT) through Friday, April 24th (1:30 AM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Bay Area LabVIEW User Group

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BALUG - May 2024

Hey everyone! We're kicking off the second in-person BALUG meeting of the year on May 14 from 6-8ish!

If you plan on attending, please register using the following link:

https://marketing.testforce.com/acton/fs/blocks/showLandingPage/a/35013/p/p-0176/t/page/fm/0

The room accommodates ~40 and we were comfortably (but not completely) full last time so please register early to ensure we get an accurate head count and that there's enough room.

Lastly, we're putting out a call for presenters. If you have a topic you'd like to discuss for 45 min to an hour, please let me know by sending a PM and we can discuss further.

Looking forward to it!

CLA CLED AF Guild
Message 1 of 5
(319 Views)

Hey everyone - we're just about a week out from the BALUG meeting on May 14. Here's a tentative schedule/agenda for those interested:

5:30pm - 6pm: Welcome and socializing

6pm - 7pm: DDS in LabVIEW - Brian Reiche

7pm - 7:15pm: Break

7:15pm - 8:15pm: Automating LabVIEW Development with Property Inspector 5.0 - Michael Munroe

DDS In LabVIEW

DDS is a connectivity middleware for mission- and safety-critical distributed systems.  The DDS standard supports multiple text programming languages and RTI has extended support for languages/environments such as LabVIEW, MATLAB, and the Unreal Engine.  This presentation will introduce DDS and the LabVIEW DDS API then will conclude with a demo of LabVIEW and C++ applications interoperating on x64 and ARM64 architectures.

Brian Reiche

Brian Reiche is an Automotive Solution Architect in RTI’s Professional Services group. He began his career doing real-time embedded development at Northrop Grumman.  He then spent over a decade in the test industry, first in various field positions at National Instruments and then as a test engineer at L3Harris. Brian is a Certified LabVIEW Developer and a Certified TestStand Developer.

Automating LabVIEW Development with Property Inspector 5.0

Simple text macros can instantly perform hundreds of common and impossible operations in a single click.  Learn how to build multiple projects in parallel on one CPU.

Michael Munroe (ABCDEF)

ABCDEF has been an Alliance Partner for 27 years and specializes in custom automation. Michael has been an employee at KLA for 4 years in the EBeam Division.

CLA CLED AF Guild
Message 2 of 5
(153 Views)

Hi BALUG - Thank you for the opportunity to present on DDS at the meeting yesterday.  I hope you learned something new and found a tool to add to your engineering toolbelt.  I was a bit quick running through the demo, so if you would like me to walk through the demo (and code) in more detail or if you have questions that I didn't answer during the presentation, please don't hesitate to contact me at breiche@rti.com.  I look forward to attending one of your meetings in-person in the future!

-Brian
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(71 Views)

Great to see everyone at last night's Bay Area LabVIEW User Group meeting!

Special thanks to Brian Reiche and Michael Munroe for some really interesting presentations, Taylor Blackford for the pizza, and Steve Logan for helping with the location.

If you'd like to know about upcoming events, follow the group here, or join the new BALUG group on LinkedIn.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(58 Views)

Thank you for allowing my to share my Property Inspector 5.0 with the group.  Here are the slides for the presentation.  As expected, slide 28 was the most interesting of the set. 

Look for the final version in the NI Tools Network.  Meanwhile, download the latest beta version at http://pi5.propinsp.com.  PI5 has an unrestricted 30-day trial.

Michael Munroe, CLD, CTD, MCP
Automate 1M+ VI Search, Sort and Edit operations with Property Inspector 5.0, now with a new Interactive Window Manager!
Now supports full project automation using one-click custom macros or CLI.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(48 Views)