Bay Area LabVIEW User Group

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BALUG Potential Location

Hi everyone,

I know it's been frustrating not getting updates on the state of the BALUG, but with NI now lacking physical presence in the area, we've had some issues securing a location to hold the meeting. I've found a potential location that might work well, but the catch is that it's in the Easy Bay - Alameda specifically.

If you have a moment, please respond to the following informal survey:

If we were to hold a BALUG in Alameda starting around 6:30pm (give or take), would you be able to make it or would that location be a deal breaker?

Please respond if you can as it gives us a sense of whether this is feasible or not and with what numbers. Thanks!

CLA CLED AF Guild
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(1,228 Views)

Hi Casey,

It's possible I could make it, but less likely than the previous location. In Santa Clara there was a 90% chance I could make it, in Alameda it is ~30% chance I could make it. If there were an online option, I'd probably opt for that, as much as I prefer in person.

Thank you,

Gregory

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(1,222 Views)

That would be too far for me to make on a consistent basis.  Probably 10-20% of the time I might be able to make that trip.

Ryan Vallieu CLA, CLED
Senior Systems Analyst II
NASA Ames Research Center
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(1,209 Views)

Hi @CaseyM - I live on the east coast but am occasionally in the Bay Area for work.  I'd like to propose a topic and should be able to host at our office in Sunnyvale.  This is for April next year.  Who should I private message to discuss further?

Thanks,

-Brian

CLD

-Brian
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(1,195 Views)

@Brian_RTI wrote:

Hi @CaseyM - I live on the east coast but am occasionally in the Bay Area for work.  I'd like to propose a topic and should be able to host at our office in Sunnyvale.  This is for April next year.  Who can I private message to discuss further?

Just sent you a PM.

CLA CLED AF Guild
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(1,190 Views)

6:30pm at Alameda would be difficult to make for me. Santa Clara on the other hand is possible.

Thanks

Certified LabVIEW Architect (CLA), LabVIEW 2015.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(1,171 Views)

Not totally unsurprisingly, it sounds like the East Bay may be challenging for a lot of people. We'll continue to try and find a more suitable location close to the South Bay.

CLA CLED AF Guild
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(1,099 Views)

I live in Hayward, so East Bay, South Bay, Peninsula are all easy for me.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(1,036 Views)

Yes, that location is a show stopper for me. The Sunnyvale proposed location is excellent, but the time frame of April is not good. I am tentatively planning to be out of the country in April. The months preceding are all excellent. 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(995 Views)